1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always growing. If you realised 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
3. Do what you love and money will follow. And when your passion is your work, you won’t work one single day in your life.
4. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can, and as often. At some point in life, someone will help you when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
5. There is a difference between being kind and being passive, and there are those who cannot see that difference.
6. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you now know. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have.
7. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your child keep their imaginary friend, and let your best buddy believe in touching wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
8. Try to learn something new every day.
9. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder.
10. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.